Position Title: Summer Intern
Works Directly with Studio and Gallery Coordinator - Emily Ritter
Approximate number of hours:
12-15 hours per week PAID $200 upon completion of four weeks.
Can be unpaid academic credit.
Dates of Internship:
July 9th - August 10th
Deadline to apply for Summer: June 30th
1008 E Buckeye Rd Suite 215-220
Phoenix, AZ 85034
Xico is a non-profit multidisciplinary arts organization created in 1975 by a group of local
Arizona Chicano and Native American artists. Our mission is to promote Latino and Native American
culture through the arts. Internships include personal mentoring from and by Xico staff and community
members; are eligible for university credit (course/credit must be arranged prior to internship with your
university advisor); and provide an opportunity to participate and be involved with a local arts organization.
- Undergraduate or Graduate student enrolled in a college or university.
- Should have interest in art, arts management, art history, arts non-profit.
- Willingness to learn.
- Organized, motivated, and reliable.
- Experience using a digital camera.
- Has problem-solving skills, is able to work collaboratively, and is able to follow instructions.
- Flexible schedule with weekend availability.
- Bilingual preferred but not required.
- Assisting with preparing and installing artwork for exhibitions.
- Greeting visitors at exhibition openings and events.
- Assisting with gallery attendant duties when needed.
- Assist with promotion of events via putting posters/flyers in various locations.
- Assisting with workshops and classes as needed. Maintaining studio functionality (organizing, cleaning, general upkeep, possible inventory)
For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 480-833-5875
If you are interested, please submit the following via email:
One page cover letter
Resume or CV
A list of at least three professional/academic references (letters of reference not required)
Email your materials to email@example.com with a subject line: Summer Intern