Executive Director, Xico, Inc.
The Executive Director is an exempt position that will receive annual compensation commensurate with experience and responsibilities. An optional bonus, based on performance metrics linked to the activities described herein, may also be available. The organization will cover approved expenses necessary to achieve the activities described herein.
Working in partnership with the Board of Directors, the Executive Director is responsible for all aspects of leadership for Xico including developing and executing strategy, managing and developing staff, building effective relationships and partnerships, and resource development and operational management. This position will lead by example to create, inspire and sustain a culture of collaboration and accountability with a passion for the mission.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Clearly communicate the mission, vision and goals of the organization while maintaining a highly visible presence.
Work with the Board of Directors to execute strategic direction and modify as appropriate to respond to changing needs.
Partner with appropriate stakeholders to assess the strategic direction of the organization, ensuring optimal vision and alignment of priorities.
Critically evaluate programs on an ongoing basis for performance against objectives and financial viability.
Develop and implement, as appropriate, new programs which both fulfill the mission and complement the financial goals of the organization.
Grow the donor base and increase funding through individual contributions, corporate and business funding, and grants through corporate and community foundations to support current and future needs.
Facilitate agreement from partners to support ideas and take partnership-oriented action.
Provide leadership to community outreach efforts and encourage growth of the volunteer base.
Increase public awareness and enhance the organization's image by being active and visible in the community, and working closely with strategic partners and other organizations to create sustainable relationships.
Ensure a consistent positive image, with emphasis on the mission.
Serve as chief spokesperson for organization by clearly conveying, information and ideas through a variety of media which engage the audience and helps them understand the mission.
Maintain a level of visibility in the community that results in new and sustainable relationships.
Develop and implement fundraising efforts to provide the necessary resources to support the mission including: major gifts, direct mail, grants and events.
Develop marketing plan and oversee communication efforts necessary to achieve a consistent message, and increase community awareness of the mission.
Adhere to the mission.
Budget and contract management. Be able and willing to accomplish detailed tasks involved in both responsibilities.
Participate with Board, in development and implementation of strategic goals, objectives and tasks.
Participate with Board, in development and monitoring of annual operating budget.
Serve as liaison between Board and staff, serve on all relevant Board committees, participate in Board member recruitment activities.
Identify, write and submit grant applications, ensuring timely and accurate submission of all grant, contract, and other reporting activities, in accordance with funding requirements.
Develop and execute community art exhibitions.
Maintain and expand ongoing programs and develop new programs and resources that achieve organization's mission, vision, and long-range strategies.
Establish programmatic goals and objectives, evaluate progress, and ensure quality outcomes.
Promote, inform, and represent work of the organization to community, partners, funders, and other stakeholders.
Create and maintain effective collaborations with community partners, agencies, and other stakeholders invested in the organization's mission and services.
Ensure that all funds are properly allocated and managed, in accordance with contracts, grants, or other funding sources.
In collaboration with Board of Directors, develop annual and program budgets, ensuring operational compliance with budgetary guidelines.
- Actively participate in fund raising and development activities, identifying new resources and opportunities.
- Strategic and innovative thinker who inspires success while maintaining focus on appropriate priorities. Business acumen combined with strong social/community service orientation.
- Ability to recognize and analyze significant emerging social issues and trends and capability to identify appropriate strategies to address them.
- High energy, forward thinker with openness to new ideas and creativity.
- Strong written and verbal communicator, able to engage one-on-one or with a large audience, and who is distinguished as an excellent listener; open, professional and authentic.
- Exceptional community and public relations skills; demonstrated written and oral communication abilities.
- Ethical, self-motivated, high performance attributes with utmost integrity.
- Excellent grant writing and other written communication skills and excellent verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with diverse staff and client population.
- Ability to prepare and present program information in an understandable and interesting manner both formally and informally.
- Ability to use computer software for word processing, spreadsheets, databases, and email.
- Ability to work as a member of a team, build and support consensus, and use feedback and advice from colleagues.
- Ability to treat clients, colleagues, and employees with objectivity, fairness, and respect, particularly when there are disagreements or grievances.
- Flexible, innovative, creative problem solving skills, sound judgment, reliability, and ability to act independently in value oriented professional style.
- Ability to speak Spanish is a plus but not necessary.
- Oversee and manage recruitment, employment, and performance of staff, ensuring administration of sound human resource policies and practices.
- Provide positive leadership, guidance, and mentoring to staff.
- Program Monitoring: Ensure that all programs, services, and staff adhere to mission of, and contract requirements. Develop methods of assessing quality of services provided.
- Responsibilities include budgeting, approval of expenditures, proposal development, contract negotiation, and supervision of program Staff.
- Oversees planning, implementation, coordination and management of programs, services.
- Oversee development and implementation of an annual budget.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are: Tuesday through Saturday generally, with flexible hours and evening and weekend events as required.
Travel may be required for this position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This position requires sitting for extended periods of time. Occasionally requires standing, squatting, reaching and bending. Requires ability to receive information through oral communication both in-person and on telephone. Manual dexterity needed for using computer keyboard. Must have adequate vision to operate computer and complete paperwork. Regularly required to operate a motor vehicle to attend program functions or drive to member or partner meetings.
Required Education and Experience
- A minimum of 5 years progressively upward management experience in non-profit or public sector leadership and management roles, including fiscal management and accountability, program development and management.
- Substantial experience in supervision of staff and teams, with proven successful knowledge of human resource policies and practices.
- Demonstrated record of successful fund-development and fundraising activities, including grant writing.
- Demonstrated ability to manage in complex, diverse, and dynamic environment.
- Experience working with Board of Directors preferred; a partner who understands importance of role of Board of Directors.
- Demonstrated abilities to think strategically, plan tactically, prioritize time and projects, create and maintain successful relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Extensive proven knowledge of program design, development, implementation and management.
- Experience in a network environment.
- Proven success managing financial stability of an organization including development and monitoring of annual budget.
- Proven fundraiser, able to generate new revenue for organization.
- The individual can establish positive relationships with contracting agencies both public and private, community leaders, Board Members and Staff.
Xico, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate in employment because of a person’s race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation, genetics, marital status, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, veteran’s status, or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached job requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified disabled individuals. Xico reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way the company desires. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties, including essential duties, to be performed by the employee occupying the position. This job description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise. The employment relationship remains "at-will."
Request for Proposals
Evaluation of proposals from interested candidates will begin immediately. The position will remain open until filled.
Proposals should include the following:
1. Cover letter.
2. Resume highlighting relevant work experience and qualifications.
3. Name, phone number and email for at least 4 professional references.
All materials should be emailed in one file to Alejandro Pérez at email@example.com.