Xico seeks College Interns for the Fall
Xico is a non-profit multidisciplinary arts organization created in 1975 by a group of local Arizona Chicano and Native American artists. Our mission is to promote Latino and Native American culture through the arts.
Position Title: Fall Intern
Works Directly with Studio and Gallery Coordinator - Emily Ritter
Approximate number of hours:
12-15 hours per week
For Academic Credit or Professional Experience
Dates of Internship:
September 18th- November 30th (10 weeks)
Deadline to apply: August 26th at 11:59pm
1008 E Buckeye Rd Suite 215-220
Phoenix, AZ 85034
Internships include assisting with exhibitions, gallery preparations, printmaking workshops, and other art workshops, as well as personal mentoring by Xico staff and community members; are eligible for university credit (course/credit must be arranged prior to internship with your university advisor); and provide an opportunity to participate and be involved with a local arts organization.
- Should have interest in art, arts management, art history, arts non-profit
- Willingness to learn
- Organized, motivated, and reliable
- Experience using a digital camera
- Has problem-solving skills, is able to work collaboratively, and is able to follow instructions.
- Undergraduate or Graduate student enrolled in a college or university have experience or interest in the arts.
- Flexible schedule with weekend availability
- Bilingual preferred but not required.
- Assisting with preparing and installing artwork for exhibitions
- Greeting visitors at exhibition openings and events.
- Gallery attendant when needed
- Assist with promotion of events via putting posters/flyers in various locations
- Assisting with workshops and classes as needed
- Maintaining studio functionality (organizing, cleaning, general upkeep, possible inventory)
For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 480-833-5875
If you are interested, please submit the following via email:
- One page cover letter
- Resume or CV
- A list of at least three professional/academic references (letters of reference not required)
Email your materials to email@example.com with a subject line: Fall Intern